Amityville Long Island 2011- 2012 with 50th High School Reunion

           
           Photos from 2011 Facebook and one I took during the Amityville High School reunion in August of 2012. I met one of my childhood friends Franklin Chichester, who we called Botz and a few of my old classmates. I also had time to take a few photos I thought you might enjoy 

Triangle Building with the Village Clock with Broadway on the left and Park Ave on the right.


Brunswick Hospital served Amityville from about 1834 to around 2012 when it was closed.

The Unqua Yacht Club at the foot of Unqua place. Where the better off kids played and swam.

Sign on above the Cafeteria door of Amityville High School showing school Pride

Warrior Pride with Indian head on a Rock on High School grounds. The newspapers usually took the name Crimson Tide for the Amityville sports teams which I liked better than Warrior. The school colors were Red and Gray therefore Crimson Tide fits better than Warrior. 

Reunionist gather in the High School Cafeteria before they tour their old School

Reunionist gather in the High School Cafeteria ready to take photos during their tour their old School

The halls of Amityville High School under maintenance in the summer of 2012. I remember that the lockers in my day were beige which I think is a better color than they were in 2012



The Amityville High School Wrestling-room where I spent many a day after my regular school day wrestling my teammates and doing our exercises even during Christmas vacation.

You are being pinned sign on ceiling of the wrestling room which i tried hard not to see, but give other a chance to see it. 

Wrestling dummy which we didn't need in my day we had each other.



Amityville High School second floor hallway I remembered it well, it was remarkable how the school had not changed that much in fifty years.

Amityville High School's Library door on the second floor I should have used it fifty some odd years ago.

Amityville High School Coaches Hall of Fame

John Niland with Lou Howard and Lou's wife at Amityville Beach Reunion picnic 

 Richard Boyle and Frank Botz Chichester Class of 1961
We were dragged up together spending our great childhoods in the beautiful Village of Amityville

Sign showing the way to Uncle Lou's Lair (Museum) that he built above his garage. The Museum has many of Lou Howard's life long stuff.


Lou's collection of caps for all his Football teams victories plus pictures of his teams through the years.


Amityville Beach a popular beach for Amityville residents for many generations.


Sands of Amityville Beach where I once a long, long time ago I took swimming lessons




I don't remember there being any picnic benches on the beach, I do remember a rift with a diving board on it out in the bay. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for walk down memory lane. Proud to be a Crimson Tide graduate 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for walk down memory lane. Proud to be a Crimson Tide graduate 😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amityville Long Island 1925 to 1986 in photos

Patchogue's Light and Heavy Rail systems

Amityville Long Island old photos 1880 to 1920